Instagramming Around Taiwan

While traveling through Taiwan with AFAR Magazine and Taiwan Tourism, I recorded my initial thoughts and shared my favorite images through Instagram. I had so much fun doing it, I thought I’d share some of my favorite images from that collection to share with you. It’s a great introduction to what experiencing Taiwan is really like. (All photos taken on my iPhone, so please excuse any possible distortion.

Taiwan Food

Taiwan Sights and Attractions

Taiwan Culture and Design

And an Instagram Selfie For Good Measure

Tags:

1. Neil Elrick

Having lived there for 5 years not a bad snap shot of one of the best places no ones ever been to.

LOL Thanks Neil, and we’re going to work on fixing that!

2. Craig Makepeace

Some nice shots Matt. What’s your phone of choice?

3. Andi of My Beautiful Adventures

Such awesome shots! Oh how I’m missing Asia now!!!

4. Olivia

Wow, love them. How did you take the first one under ‘sights and attractions’? Just held the phone up to a telescope/viewfinder thing?

Thanks, that’s actually the beauty of instagram, the freedom to use a variety of filters I wouldn’t normally use with my photos. That one was created with an app called Fish Eye that mimics a fish eye lens.

5. Lauren

I just want to bury my face in that mango shaved ice! Gets me every time. I also LOVE that lanterns shot. Great job capturing Taiwan’s colorful culture, Matt!

6. Mallory

Gorgeous pictures! I’m enjoying reading all your posts about Taiwan. My friend is thinking about making a trip to Taiwan during the spring and I would love to join her. This is making me excited for an adventure there!

Oh you should! I was VERY surprised but it all and it’s now a favorite destination. You’ll love it!