Three years ago, when my site was still fairly new, I traveled to a remarkable country in the Middle East for the first time, Jordan. That trip was an important one personally. It helped changed some opinions I had of the region and developed a deep love for the people (and food) of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. I’ve wanted to return for a long time and starting next week, I’ll get that chance.
Starting Monday, October 13, I will fly to Amman, Jordan where I’ll be meeting up with other bloggers and writers to start an exciting trip, the #GoJordan adventure. The goal is to once again see some of the best Jordan has to offer, but also to go a little deeper than I did the first time. This time the people of Jordan will be a big focus as I meander around the country. Whether it’s learning basic Arabic in Amman or discovering what Bedouin life is like in Wadi Rum, this time I will explore Jordan through the eyes of her people and I frankly can’t wait to get started.
As you may know, Jordan is home to some of the most exciting and beautiful sites in the world from Petra to the deserts of Wadi Rum and even the warm waters of the Red Sea. There’s a lot to see and do here, especially for the luxury adventure traveler. That’s the perspective from which I’ll be exploring Jordan this time. It’s my usual mode of travel and thankfully there are plenty of opportunities for both in Jordan. So, what will I be doing? Some of it I’m keeping secret for now, but a few of the highlights include:
- Hiking through Dana Biosphere Reserve and staying at the Feynan Ecolodge, one of the top ecolodges in the world
- Embracing my inner Indiana Jones at Petra, hiking through the Siq to the Treasury and on to the Monastery.
- Follow the footsteps of Lawrence of Arabia in Wadi Rum desert and sleep under the stars at a Bedouin camp
- Return to one of my favorite places in the world, Ma’In Hot Springs and their famous hot waterfalls
- Wet hike through Wadi Mujib Biosphere Reserve
- Eat ALL THE FOOD (I love Jordanian food)
- Experiencing some of the best hotels in Jordan and a lot of surprises along the way!
As with all of my journeys, I’ll be sharing everything in real time via social media and my web site. Just search for the #GoJordan hashtag on all platforms to see what I’m doing, seeing and eating while in Jordan.
Is there anything in particular you think I should see or do in Jordan?
This campaign was created and sponsored by Jordan Tourism Board in partnership with iambassador. LandLopers retains all editorial control of what is published and as you know, I never shy away from honest commentary.Add to Flipboard Magazine.