Two years ago, my partner and I spent a long, snowy weekend in the chilly but beautiful resort town of Banff, Alberta in Canada. It was my first exposure to this stunning province, but I vowed to one day return and see more of it – hopefully in temperatures a little warmer than -20 C/F. That time has come and next week I will explore the wild side of Alberta, Canada.
Home to any number of adventurous activities, next week I’ll be fulfilling a travel desire I’ve had lately – a great road trip. Starting in Calgary, I will then drive down The Cowboy Trail, a ribbon of pavement where the Old West is still alive and well. I’m going to keep some things a surprise, but amongst the many exciting adventures I can’t wait to experience next week include:
- Spending some time on a working cattle ranch, learning everything from trail riding to horse care and of course cowboy cooking as I spend the night.
- Visit important sites, like the Head-Smashed-in Buffalo-Jump – a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Camp out in Dinosaur Provincial Park where I’ll hike through the dig site and explore the beauty of the park on a special sunset tour.
- Get closer to nature with visits to amazing natural sites like the Hoodoo’s and Horseshoe Canyon.
- The drive! I can’t wait to stop at small diners, Western saloons and who knows what else on this beautiful, scenic route.
- Don’t forget Calgary – while in the city I will visit the Canada Olympic Park and jump on North America’s fastest zipline and down the bobsled track in what guarantees to be a hair-raising good time.
There’s a lot more on my docket, but this is a great peek into what I know will be an amazing week exploring this beautiful province. As always, please be sure to follow along as I share my adventures as they happen by following the #ExploreAlberta hashtag on all social media platforms, but especially Twitter and Instagram.
Is there something I should make sure to see or do on my adventurous trip to Alberta?
1 thought on “Join Me As I Explore The Wild Side of Alberta, Canada”
I was just in Banff – one of my fav places in the world. Still haven’t seen Head-Smashed-in-Buffalo-Jump, which I want to visit because it is called Head-Smashed-in-Buffalo-Jump. Have fun.
Comments are closed.