I love airlines, check that, I love good airlines and I’m excited to announce that I’m part of a new campaign sponsored by one of the best in the world – Cathay Pacific.
Cathay Pacific and iambassadors (of which I am a member) decided to partner up in order to showcase several features that make traveling with them a pleasure and to highlight some of the fascinating destinations they reach. Cathay Pacific recently began a new non-stop route from Newark Liberty International Airport to Hong Kong. This route complements their already existing JFK service and makes it easy for East Coasters like myself to easily reach and explore beautiful Asia. (Don’t worry rest of the U.S., Cathay has four other American gateway cities.)
Three bloggers, one covering food, one covering fashion and myself, will travel to Hong Kong and then onward to three other locations to see for ourselves how easy it is to use Cathay Pacific as the perfect way to explore various cities in Asia. The food blogger, Rachelle Lucas of The Travel Bite and I will travel June 1-7 while the fashion blogger, Meg Biram of MegBiram.com will travel June 7-14. During our adventures we’ll see the best of Hong Kong but also Cambodia (me), Yangon (Rachelle) and Shanghai (Meg).
I’m particularly excited about my schedule, as I will be visiting two places that are completely new for me: Hong Kong and Siem Reap, Cambodia.
While in Hong Kong I will:
- Discover the luxurious comfort at the InterContinental Hong Kong located on the Kowloon waterfront.
- Enjoy a breathtaking view of Hong Kong from The Peak.
- Nosh on traditional meals like delicious dim sum.
- Visit the Police Married Quarters (PMQ), a newly revitalized area that is a creative industry hub.
- Explore Lantau Island
- And so much more.
After a couple of days I will board a convenient Dragonair (part of the Cathay Pacific Group) flight to Siem Reap, Cambodia; the closest city to the famous complex of temples centered on Angkor Wat.
During my time in Siem Reap I will:
- Call the beautiful La Résidence d’Angkor hotel my home, luxury in a great location.
- Explore the many temples around the area, including Angkor Wat of course.
- Discover what makes Siem Reap tick for myself as I bike around town exploring.
- Experience local cuisine for the first time, something I’m really excited about.
- Stay connected with my KeepGo Global MiFi device!
- And of course a lot more.
I will be able to get there and back thanks to the super convenient flight on Cathay Pacific, where I will also be testing out their Premium Economy Class, something I’m really excited about actually. I love flying and I love seeing how airlines enhance the experience for their guests and I can’t wait to see what Cathay Pacific has done towards their goal of making the in-air part of the travel experience as comfortable as possible.
So starting June 1, please follow me and my fellow bloggers by keeping tabs on the #CXploreAsia hashtag on all platforms, but especially Twitter, Facebook and Instagram as we share with the world how easy it is to get to Asia with Cathay Pacific and why these destinations are amongst the most exciting in the world to explore.
Is there anything you think I should do either in Hong Kong or Siem Reap? What do you want to know about these exciting destinations?
This campaign was created and sponsored by Cathay Pacific Airways in partnership with iambassador. LandLopers retains all editorial control of what is published and as you know, I never shy away from honest commentary.