1. Walking around the Tiergarten on a beautiful day
2. Marveling at how much the city is changing almost in front of your eyes
3. Eating a Berliner pastry
4. Reflecting on Germany’s past at the Memorial for Victims of the Wall
5. Enjoy some yummy currywurst
6. Take a city tour in a classic DDR Trabant car
7. Learn about East Berlin’s fractured past at the Stasi Museum
8. Take a break from urbanity at the Schloss Charlottenburg
9. It’s touristy, but a stop at Checkpoint Charlie is a most for everyone
10. Going to the top of the glass dome at the Bundestag
11. Do some shopping at KaDeWe, Europe’s largest shopping center
12. Spending a lot of time in the Pargamon Museum
13. Spending days exploring ALL the amazing museums on Museum Island
14. Gawk at the Soviet block-style architecture along Frankfurter Allee
15. Time your visit for a festival or holiday when Berlin erupts in fun
16. Get your photo taken in one of thousands of photo booths around town
17. Getting your picture taken in front of the Brandenburg Gate
18. Rub shoulders with the 1% in Ku-damm
19. Admiring street art found everywhere around town.
20. Catch a train from the modern and easy to navigate main train station
21. Eat more currywurst
22. Visit Germany’s oldest zoo
23. Simply experiencing Berlin’s ultra-quirky atmosphere
24. Go on a bike tour and see the city as locals do
25. Learning more about style and architecture at the Bauhaus Museum
26. See and be seen in Potsdamer Platz
27. Graffiti tour of town, which will take you approximately 1,222,543 years to complete
28. Learning more about the events leading to WWII at the Topography of Terror site
29. Do as the Berliners do and enjoy an afternoon cake and coffee
30. Paying respects at the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe
31. Getting to know Alexanderplatz REALLY well
32. Following the path of the Berlin Wall around town
33. Dinner at a great Turkish restaurant in Kreuzberg
34. Cruise through town on a ferry or riverboat
35. Hit the town and dance the night away – literally all night long
36. Marvel at the fascist architecture of the Olympic Stadium
37. Weekend market in Prenzlauer Berg
38. Pausing in Bebelplatz to learn more about the unique memorial at the site of the 1933 Nazi book burning
39. Grab food, friends and a spot of grass to enjoy the weekend like a true Berliner
40. Tour the variety of beautiful churches in town, especially the Berliner Dom
41. Learn about the city’s favorite snack at the Currywurst Museum
42. While away the afternoon strolling along Unter den Linden
6 thoughts on “42 Things I Love About Berlin”
Berlin is such a cool city. I love many of the same things about it!
Yum. I second you on the currywurst; sooo good!
Berlin is full of history and a nice city…and Germany is not so expensive like other countries in west Europe
Hello from Berlin! This is truly a nice to-do list. With marvellous pictures!
21. ALWAYS MORE CURRYWURST.
29. Kaffee und Kuchen always sets the mood for your afternoon. If possible, spring for käsekuchen.
For a tranquil, beautiful spot with a tragic history, visit the villa of Impressionist painter Max Liebermann on the Wannsee.
Comments are closed.