1. The islands are a short and easy flight from the U.S.
2. Swimming with Pigs on Exuma
3. Parasailing, kayaking and personal watercraft rides – need I say more?
4. Enjoying great food with good friends
5. Bird watching on The Abacos
6. Laid back attitudes where no one takes themselves too seriously.
7. Eating lunch on Rose Island, secluded and beautiful
8. Exploring any of the three national parks on Grand Bahama Island
9. Hand rolling a cigar at the Graycliff Hotel in Nassau
10. Taking a tour of the Sands beer factory, and maybe enjoying a glass or two
11. Swimming with dolphins on Grand Bahama Island
12. Enjoy some of the best diving in the world
13. The fact that there are so many islands to enjoy
14. 2,000 beaches. TWO THOUSAND. Enough said.
15. Walking through the eerie Preachers Cave on Eleuthera
16. Walking across the Glass Window Bridge where the clear Caribbean and dark Atlantic meet
17. Conch fritters for the win
18. Kayak through the mangroves on Andros
19. Finding small communities with more golf carts than cars
20. Exploring the Marine Habitat at Atlantis
21. Souvenir shopping at the Straw Market in Nassau
22. Finding your own private beach, atoll or little nook to enjoy
23. Chartering a boat for the day to go fishing, swimming or whatever you want
24. Five star dining found at even the most unlikely of spots
25. Watching the perfect sunset. Every day.
26. Hiking through amazingly diverse terrain
27. Basking in perfect weather all the time
28. Snorkeling through the James Bond Thunderball Grotto on Staniel Caye
29. Sitting back and enjoying a Kalik beer
30. Watching a Junkanoo band march past
31. Walking through the Queens Bath on Eleuthera
32. Perfect sunset on Harbour Island
33. Discovering local artists and their wares for a great souvenir
34. Partaking in a little Vegas atmosphere at the Atlantis Resort
35. Island hopping by plane or boat
36. Snorkeling in crystal clear waters
37. Learning more about Bahamian culture at the Junkanoo Expo Museum
38. Walking through the quirky Dunmore Town on Harbour Island
39. Eat some more conch fritters.
40. Discovering long forgotten shipwrecks as you dive in the beautiful waters
41. Discovering that the Bahamas are THE perfect island paradise
42. Beach. All day. Repeat
5 thoughts on “42 Things I Love About The Bahamas”
Haha I would never of expected there to be quite so many beaches but I guess that is the main thing you think of when you think about the Bahamas. Looks great and sounds like a fantastic place to escape to especially if you are from the USA in which case the distance is really not bad at all! I look forward to hearing your thoughts and feeling on the places you visited – I’m sure they’re very positive!
The Bahamas was the first country I visited outside the US, and I love it for many of the reasons you listed!
Beaches and conch fritters? Yes please!
Island hopping, hiking, and discovering forgotten shipwrecks are great idea’s for traveling to places such as Bahama’s. I think all of your tips are great ideas!
Love these photos…bluer than blue!
Thank you for visiting my country and sharing it’s beauty with us all!
Comments are closed.