I am a true animal lover and so I hope you enjoy this post. In no particular order, here are ten of my favorite animal pictures.
1. Kangaroo – We saw this cute gal in the Singapore Zoo, a truly phenomenal animal experience. They don’t have cages or standard enclosures, instead they use creative measures to confine the animals. We were walking down a path when we noticed this sheila just hanging out and lounging in the warm, Singapore sun.
2. Soi Dogs – Bangkok has a lot of Soi Dogs, or homeless pups. They seem to take pretty good care of themselves though. This little guy was at the pier where we took the river taxi every day and became a good friend.
3. Sea Lion – We found this baby sea lion on our last hike in the Galapagos. He cried a lot because his mother was at sea getting food. However we were assured that she would soon return to take care of this photogenic pup.
4. Mouflon – I was lucky enough to snap this photo of the reclusive mouflon on the Hawaiian island of Lanai. Mouflon are few in numbers and skittish, making this sighting while on a nature hike a truly remarkable moment.
5. Panda – I know this is a horrible picture, but Tai Shan is so cute I couldn’t not include him. Tai Shan was the first baby panda born in the National Zoo in Washington, DC and I was privileged enough to see him when he was only a few months old.
6. Santorini Cliff Dogs – We found this shepherd mix just hanging out on the island of Santorini in Greece. Santorini has a lot of homeless dogs and cats, which they claim are taken care of by the locals. Even though this isn’t true, this little guy really captured my heart.
7. Baby Camels – While staying at a desert camp in Wadi Rum, Jordan, I was able to play with a couple of the newborn camels at the camp. These two were just a month old and even though they liked to play, they didn’t like being too far away from mom.
8. Rhinoceros – The Singapore Zoo is great in that they allow visitors to feed a wide variety of animals, including the rhinos. This baby rhino had a great time headbutting his mom and dad and then headed over for a snack. The fact that this massive animal acted like any other baby really captured our hearts.
9. Blue Footed Booby – We were on a natural hike in the Galapagos when we turned a bend and saw this family of boobies next to the path. The Galapagos is amazing for many reasons, but what is truly phenomenal is the lack of fear by the wildlife. This family with the chicks didn’t mind at all as twenty of us walked past on to the next natural wonder.
10. Siberian Husky – Of course, I have to include one of my dogs in my top ten list. This is one of our Huskies whom we rescued from a high kill shelter when he was four months old. He is truly one of the sweetest dogs I have ever met.
12 thoughts on “UPDATED: Ten Cute Animals From Around the World”
So so so so cute!!! My fave animal that I’ve seen was the sloth in the Amazon!
Very, very cool :D I wish I was fortunate enough to travel the globe and help animals in need, that would be something I would really love. Great pics, although it makes me sad that so many animals do not have homes, hopefully they can find at least some love and kindness.That baby rhino is amazing!
The sea lion has to be the best!
Ahh that Rhino is amaaazing.
I would like to have that Galapagos Baby Sea Lion as long as it stays cute like that=)
The rhino feeding seems like fun,nice share!
Oh my gosh, that baby sea lion is perhaps the cutest thing ever!
They are all so damn cute but the baby sea lion takes the cake!!! It is so adorable, I just want to pick it up and give it a hug!!!
Great pics you have here~
What a gorgeous little sea lion!! And I love the picture of the Rhino!
These are adorable! I like the German Shepherd Dog in Santorini. Then again, I have a shepherd mix so I’m a little bias, but he/she is adorable!! All great photos though.
I’m partial to that cute husky at the end
Love this post — great pictures!
Thanks! Animals are a definite weakness of mine
Comments are closed.