The following post is sponsored by National Car Rental but, as always, all thoughts and opinions are entirely my own.
Travel has always been an obsession of mine, even when I wasn’t a full-time blogger. Working a traditional job, I thought every day about how to maximize both my precious vacation days as well as points and miles to use on those personal trips. I travel a lot for work as a full-time blogger, so over time I have gradually built up enough points and miles to use for one big personal trip per year – creating amazing travel experiences for little to no money. I don’t think I’m alone in that, either. Even if you don’t travel often for work, I know how business travelers are always looking for new ways to save money and collect perks to enjoy on vacation. Flights and hotel rooms are important aspects of these trips, but so are rental cars and National Car Rental has introduced a great new way to earn free rental days that is easy and realistic even for the infrequent traveler.
A few months ago, National Car Rental launched its annual “One Two Free” promotion, which through its award-winning Emerald Club, rewards registered members with one free rental day* for every two qualifying rentals. National Car Rental’s Emerald Club is easy to join (and even easier to benefit from) and is an important part of planning a rewards-fueled vacation.
One Two Free
Unlike some other travel promotions, this one is very easy to understand. Emerald Club members can earn one free rental day* for every two qualifying rentals. The free day covers the base rate, including time and mileage. The program began in August 2018, and members can continue to earn free days through February 28, 2019, and redeem them through June 13, 2019. Even better, joining the Emerald Club is free and easy to do, and there are many other benefits in addition to the One Two Free promotion. I always find it frustrating to finally reach a destination and then spend time waiting in the rental car line. As an Emerald Club Member though, I get expedited service, free upgrades and more amazing benefits. If you’re interested in registering for the promotion or signing up to become an Emerald Club member, you can click here to register and begin booking your rental car.
How To Maximize Rewards
Like all rewards promotions, there are some tips and tricks to make the most out of the reward potential, and this year National Car Rental has added new ways to earn points towards those free days. Every qualifying rental during the One Two Free promotion (through February 28, 2019), is worth 300 points and once an Emerald Club member reaches 600 points, they receive one free rental day. Other ways to earn points, and therefore earn free days, include a wide range of activities:
- Earn 75 points by using National’s mobile app to book rentals.
- 100-point bonus for completing three qualifying rentals.
- 300-point one-time bonus for renting a vehicle overseas in Latin America, the Caribbean and Europe.
- Earn a one-time bonus of 300 points when completing a rental in three different countries.
- Many other earning opportunities including special bonus events.
I started to take advantage of travel reward programs when I first entered the workforce as a way to make the most out of my personal time off. Because I traveled for work, I was able to quickly accumulate points and miles to fully fund amazing trips around the world, and it’s still something I love to do today. I’m traveling anyway, so it just makes sense to get rewarded for it – promotions like this one really do make a difference. Please be sure to click here to become an Emerald Club member if you aren’t one already, and sign up for this special One Two Free promotion before time runs out!
* Free Day covers base rate (Time and Mileage) only but does not apply to taxes, license recoupment/air tax recovery, concession recoupment fees, airport and airport facility fees, fuel, one-way rental charge, additional driver fee, or optional items, which are the responsibility of the renter. Qualifying Rental is a paid rental via Emerald Club® of a Midsize or larger vehicle for two or more consecutive days. Click here for additional terms and conditions.Add to Flipboard Magazine.