Thousands of couples and families enjoy all inclusive vacations all over the world. These unique destinations offer the visitor a little bit of everything: good food, water sports, golf and most importantly, relaxation.
However, searching for the perfect property to meet your exact needs can be a daunting process. There are so many resorts in so many different places, it can be hard to decide on the right one for you. These tips will help you quickly narrow down your choices so you can start relaxing faster.
All Inclusive Vacations
1. Get advice! Be it from a friend, website or travel agent, you need to hear and read some opinions on the various resorts. Although they all may seem similar, they each have their differences. A travel professional can help you in this process as they are intimately familiar with all of the resorts.
2. Type of resort. Are you traveling as a family or as a couple? Believe it or not, it makes a difference. Several resorts, while catering to everyone, have some outstanding kids programs. Other resorts specifically cater only to couples. It really is a matter of preference, but you don’t want to be on a romantic honeymoon only to have a bunch of kids doing cannonballs in front of your pool chair. If you are traveling with kids, spend a little time learning what specific programs each resort offers and which one would be the best fit for your family.
3. Location, location, location. There are many different types of getaways: island paradise, cultural tours, and active pursuits just to name a few. There is something for everyone, but make sure to look at the resort location when booking. Things to take note of are proximity to an airport, location of stores and restaurants off property and nearby attractions. It is not necessarily bad if the resort is not close to anything, just be aware of it before you go.
4. Food & Drink. If you are booking a stay at an all-inclusive, then the quality of the restaurants and bars is key. Not only is it important to learn about the quality of the food, but the type of food offered is important too. If there are specialty restaurants, don’t forget to enquire about extra fees associated with them. If you have kids, you want to make sure that the resort has dining options that will appeal to them as well. Five-star dining is great, but not if your seven year-old makes faces when the entrée is brought out.
5. Activities. After a few days of sunbathing, you might want to explore a little. First decide what types of activities you would like to do and then select the best location. Many resorts offer complimentary kayaking, sailing and canoeing, but personal watercraft or parasailing may be an extra fee. Also, if you are a scuba diver then you will need to make sure there is a good diving location relatively close by. If cultural and archaeological tours are for you, then be aware that there are certain areas that have better access to these than others.
The best tip though is to just enjoy your all inclusive vacation.Add to Flipboard Magazine.