About Matt LongWho am I? I am a typical Gen-Xer and recovering cubicle-dweller who has a passion for all things travel. My site brings a unique perspective that is hard to find online. I am not a backpacker, nor am I...
GET YOUR LANDLOPERS UPDATES
- Visiting the UNESCO World Heritage Sites
11 April 2013 11:55 PM | 25 Comments
- 20 Things Every Smart Traveler Should Know
11 March 2013 11:55 PM | 41 Comments
- Five Foods You Must Eat in Europe
12 November 2012 8:10 PM | 34 Comments
- Five Reasons to Stop Dreaming and Travel Now
16 April 2012 11:55 PM | 58 Comments
- So What’s Reykjavik Really Like?
28 February 2012 11:55 PM | 39 Comments
As Seen In:
via dolorosa Archive
- Posted on March 24, 2012 | 3 CommentsChurch of the Holy Sepulchre, Jerusalem
- Posted on March 3, 2012 | No CommentsThe 9th Station of the Cross in the Via Dolorosa, Church of the Holy Sepulchre in the background – Jerusalem, Israel
- Posted on July 18, 2011 | 6 CommentsNo matter where you turn in Jerusalem, there are constant reminders that you are in one of the most spiritually and historically significant cities in the world. With an overwhelming number of sites to visit, there are four activities that no visitor to the Holy...
- Posted on May 4, 2011 | 6 CommentsPlease note: The photo of the Kotel was not taken on the Sabbath, as that is strictly prohibited. Jerusalem, the historic capital of Israel, is a city in conflict. Not just what one sees on the nightly news, but the city is in conflict...
- Posted on April 3, 2011 | 6 CommentsThere were many things I wanted to do in Jerusalem, and walking the Via Dolorosa, the Way of Suffering, was high on the list. The circuitous route is believed by many to follow the path that Jesus walked, carrying his cross, on the way...
- Posted on March 27, 2011 | 5 CommentsI wouldn’t call myself a religious person, per se. Rather, I am spiritual and have always had a profound interest in religion, all religions. I was raised Lutheran in a small Pennsylvania town by two parents who had only a passing interest in the subject...