About Matt LongWho am I? I am a typical Gen-Xer and recovering cubicle-dweller who has a passion for all things travel. My site brings a unique perspective that is hard to find online. I am not a backpacker, nor am I...
GET YOUR LANDLOPERS UPDATES
- Visiting the UNESCO World Heritage Sites
11 April 2013 11:55 PM | 25 Comments
- 20 Things Every Smart Traveler Should Know
11 March 2013 11:55 PM | 41 Comments
- Five Foods You Must Eat in Europe
12 November 2012 8:10 PM | 34 Comments
- Five Reasons to Stop Dreaming and Travel Now
16 April 2012 11:55 PM | 58 Comments
- So What’s Reykjavik Really Like?
28 February 2012 11:55 PM | 39 Comments
As Seen In:
Vatican City Archive
- Posted on April 13, 2011 | 30 CommentsA visit to Vatican City is a must for any tourist in Rome and not without reason. There is no need to go into the rich history, art and architecture of this tiny country, suffice it to say it is a remarkable place to...
- Posted on March 9, 2011 | 13 CommentsI recently I started a new series on LandLopers, the Interactive Travel Guide. The idea is to highlight one city or country every week and then get the best recommendations from you all. By the end of the week, we hopefully will have created the...
- Posted on September 9, 2010 | 14 CommentsWe were in Rome for a mere two days before embarking on an 11-day Eastern Mediterranean cruise and since it was my first time in the Eternal City, there was a lot I wanted to see. At the top of my list was not only...
- Posted on May 9, 2010 | 2 CommentsOddly enough, Rome is a city of obelisks. Amongst the most impressive are eight ancient Egyptian and five ancient Roman obelisks spread throughout the city like chess pieces. Obelisks were prominent in the architecture of the ancient Egyptians, who placed them in pairs at the...
- Posted on March 22, 2010 | No CommentsBasilica of Saint Peter