About Matt LongWho am I? I am a typical Gen-Xer and recovering cubicle-dweller who has a passion for all things travel. My site brings a unique perspective that is hard to find online. I am not a backpacker, nor am I...
GET YOUR LANDLOPERS UPDATES
- Visiting the UNESCO World Heritage Sites
11 April 2013 11:55 PM | 25 Comments
- 20 Things Every Smart Traveler Should Know
11 March 2013 11:55 PM | 41 Comments
- Five Foods You Must Eat in Europe
12 November 2012 8:10 PM | 34 Comments
- Five Reasons to Stop Dreaming and Travel Now
16 April 2012 11:55 PM | 58 Comments
- So What’s Reykjavik Really Like?
28 February 2012 11:55 PM | 39 Comments
As Seen In:
travel food Archive
- Posted on May 1, 2012 | 63 CommentsSome people get very fussy and pretentious when they travel, particularly when food is involved. I agree that discovering new and interesting experiences, including food, is a huge part of the adventure, but there’s also the very important pop culture element. I love exploring grocery...
- Posted on March 8, 2012 | 4 CommentsFood is an important part of the travel experience, especially decadent desserts. Sweet treats vary around the world, but many cultures not only enjoy chocolate, they have turned its production into an art form. This week #FriFotos on Twitter pays homage to this favorite food...
- Posted on January 26, 2012 | 5 CommentsIf you’re a frequent (or even infrequent) reader, then you know that I love photography and have been working hard to improve my own. The power of a single image to transport us to a new and exotic land is intoxicating and I love finding...
- Posted on September 6, 2011 | 24 CommentsOne of the most important aspects of any trip is the food. We all have to eat, and exploring a new culture through its culinary traditions is one of the best ways to learn about a new place. But let’s face it, not everything is...
- Posted on April 9, 2010 | No CommentsMany countries have a dish or meal for which they are famous. Foodies may scoff at the following list, but the fact remains that these foods are well known for a reason. Don’t let others tell you what you should and should not enjoy. Traveling...