About Matt LongWho am I? I am a typical Gen-Xer and recovering cubicle-dweller who has a passion for all things travel. My site brings a unique perspective that is hard to find online. I am not a backpacker, nor am I...
GET YOUR LANDLOPERS UPDATES
- Visiting the UNESCO World Heritage Sites
11 April 2013 11:55 PM | 25 Comments
- 20 Things Every Smart Traveler Should Know
11 March 2013 11:55 PM | 41 Comments
- Five Foods You Must Eat in Europe
12 November 2012 8:10 PM | 36 Comments
- Five Reasons to Stop Dreaming and Travel Now
16 April 2012 11:55 PM | 58 Comments
- So What’s Reykjavik Really Like?
28 February 2012 11:55 PM | 40 Comments
As Seen In:
- Posted on November 6, 2012 | 1 Comment
- Posted on August 23, 2012 | 20 CommentsI’m not necessarily proud of the fact that I only spent a few hours in Amsterdam, but that was the plan from the beginning. We rented a condo in Brussels for a week and had planned a series of day trips to nearby cities. That’s...
- Posted on April 9, 2012 | No CommentsAnne Frank House, Amsterdam
- Posted on March 12, 2012 | No CommentsBoating on the Canals of Amsterdam
- Posted on March 6, 2012 | 2 CommentsThere are probably millions of monuments and memorials around the world, erected in commemoration of any of a thousand different groupings of people. One minority that traditional has been underrepresented in remembering its past is the gay and lesbian community. The reasons for this are...
- Posted on January 15, 2012 | 23 CommentsOur plan was a good one. Stay in Brussels and go on a few day trips to neighboring countries. Paris we love, so that was on the list. Germany is famous for its Christmas markets, so Cologne quickly made the cut. Bruges was a short...
- Posted on December 20, 2011 | 5 CommentsOn Tuesday we boarded the Thalys train early in the morning with an eye on spending the day in Amsterdam. Luckily as holders of a Eurail Flexi Pass, it was extremely easy to take a quick day trip to the famous canal city of the...
- Posted on May 24, 2011 | 8 CommentsToday’s guest blogger is Colm Hanratty, Editor of Hostelworld.com, the internet’s leading hostel booking website. Colm manages the content on the site. This includes videos, podcasts, the blog and more. One of his favourite cities in the world is Amsterdam. Here he tells us of...