About Matt LongWho am I? I am a typical Gen-Xer and recovering cubicle-dweller who has a passion for all things travel. My site brings a unique perspective that is hard to find online. I am not a backpacker, nor am I...
GET YOUR LANDLOPERS UPDATES
- Visiting the UNESCO World Heritage Sites
11 April 2013 11:55 PM | 25 Comments
- 20 Things Every Smart Traveler Should Know
11 March 2013 11:55 PM | 41 Comments
- Five Foods You Must Eat in Europe
12 November 2012 8:10 PM | 36 Comments
- Five Reasons to Stop Dreaming and Travel Now
16 April 2012 11:55 PM | 58 Comments
- So What’s Reykjavik Really Like?
28 February 2012 11:55 PM | 40 Comments
As Seen In:
- Posted on February 7, 2013 | No Comments
- Posted on January 20, 2013 | 21 CommentsI love Montreal but like every destination there are things you should and shouldn’t do when you visit. On a twist on the ever popular blog meme, here is my list of things to avoid doing at all costs when visiting Montreal. Don’t learn any...
- Posted on January 8, 2013 | No Comments
- Posted on December 11, 2012 | 7 Comments1. Strange mix of Old and New World that IS Montreal 2. Wandering around McGill University 3. River surfing 4. Looking for the traditional Parisian metro sign at Victoria Square 5. Shopping at the old Bon Secours Market 6. Wandering around the Quai Jacques Cartier...
- Posted on December 9, 2012 | 8 Comments“Yes, it’s possible,” our guide said as he rattled off a chain of directions I had no chance of remembering. He looked confused when we asked whether or not it was possible to get back to our hotel without going above ground, but the more...
- Posted on December 5, 2012 | 12 CommentsFood is one of the most important parts of travel and also one of the most enjoyable. We all have to eat after all and it’s usually our culinary memories that survive the longest. That’s why I tend to write so much about food and...
- Posted on February 6, 2011 | 2 CommentsI have mixed feelings about Valentine’s Day. It has always seemed so contrived and artificial, why do we need a day to tell our significant others that we love them? On a personal level, throughout our nearly decade long relationship, my partner and I...
- Posted on March 19, 2010 | 4 CommentsPrior to a recent trip to Montreal, I heard a lot about this delicacy endemic to bars and eateries. Some said it was a treasure, others warned me to avoid it at all costs. So what exactly is poutine? Wikipedia defines poutine as “a dish...