About Matt LongWho am I? I am a typical Gen-Xer and recovering cubicle-dweller who has a passion for all things travel. My site brings a unique perspective that is hard to find online. I am not a backpacker, nor am I...
GET YOUR LANDLOPERS UPDATES
- Visiting the UNESCO World Heritage Sites
11 April 2013 11:55 PM | 25 Comments
- 20 Things Every Smart Traveler Should Know
11 March 2013 11:55 PM | 41 Comments
- Five Foods You Must Eat in Europe
12 November 2012 8:10 PM | 33 Comments
- Five Reasons to Stop Dreaming and Travel Now
16 April 2012 11:55 PM | 58 Comments
- So What’s Reykjavik Really Like?
28 February 2012 11:55 PM | 39 Comments
As Seen In:
madaba map Archive
- Posted on August 11, 2011 | 2 CommentsThe Madaba Map in Jordan It was hard leaving the Red Sea resort town of Aqaba, one of Jordan’s great cities, but I knew we had to keep moving. I was on a whirlwind trip of the country and eager to head back north...
- Posted on August 3, 2011 | No CommentsJerusalem Map Located just 30 kilometers from Jordan’s capital, Amman, is Madaba, home of the famous Mosaic Map. Covering the floor of the Greek Orthodox Church of St. George, the map dates from the 6th century and is the oldest surviving mosaic map of the...