About Matt LongWho am I? I am a typical Gen-Xer and recovering cubicle-dweller who has a passion for all things travel. My site brings a unique perspective that is hard to find online. I am not a backpacker, nor am I...
GET YOUR LANDLOPERS UPDATES
- Visiting the UNESCO World Heritage Sites
11 April 2013 11:55 PM | 25 Comments
- 20 Things Every Smart Traveler Should Know
11 March 2013 11:55 PM | 41 Comments
- Five Foods You Must Eat in Europe
12 November 2012 8:10 PM | 34 Comments
- Five Reasons to Stop Dreaming and Travel Now
16 April 2012 11:55 PM | 58 Comments
- So What’s Reykjavik Really Like?
28 February 2012 11:55 PM | 39 Comments
As Seen In:
luxury travel Archive
- Posted on July 5, 2012 | 1 CommentThe theme of #FriFotos this week was a challenge for me at first: STARS. I don’t take astronomy photos and I’m not a big fan of celebrities, so those obvious choices were quickly eliminated. So I decided instead to think about times when I felt...
- Posted on May 31, 2012 | 2 CommentsToday the theme for the weekly #FriFotos Twitter event is “Fit for a Queen,” in celebration of Her Majesty The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee. So in the spirit of feeling like royalty, here are some of my favorite luxury travel moments from the road.
- Posted on November 16, 2011 | 6 CommentsWhile it’s not a travel style for everyone, luxury travel is definitely a great way to see the world. If your pocket book can allow for it, there’s nothing better than flying first class, staying in a suite at the best hotels or dining at...
- Posted on August 3, 2011 | 14 CommentsNomads, backpackers, flash packers, DINKs, family travelers, GLBT travel, solo travel, multigenerational travel, agritravel, ecotravel, sustainable travel, voluntourism – these are just some of the many different phrases we use to describe a rich variety of different travel styles. One of the oldest terms is...
- Posted on July 27, 2011 | 25 CommentsThere are people whose sole career is to write about exciting and unique experiences travelers just ‘have’ to try. They’re usually right, but many times travel is more than just about specific destinations, it’s about experiences that can be done all around the world. Here...