About Matt LongWho am I? I am a typical Gen-Xer and recovering cubicle-dweller who has a passion for all things travel. My site brings a unique perspective that is hard to find online. I am not a backpacker, nor am I...
GET YOUR LANDLOPERS UPDATES
- Visiting the UNESCO World Heritage Sites
11 April 2013 11:55 PM | 25 Comments
- 20 Things Every Smart Traveler Should Know
11 March 2013 11:55 PM | 41 Comments
- Five Foods You Must Eat in Europe
12 November 2012 8:10 PM | 36 Comments
- Five Reasons to Stop Dreaming and Travel Now
16 April 2012 11:55 PM | 58 Comments
- So What’s Reykjavik Really Like?
28 February 2012 11:55 PM | 40 Comments
As Seen In:
- Posted on December 12, 2013 | 2 CommentsI have a soft spot in my heart for wildlife and I tend to document them wherever I travel. There are some experiences that are extra special though and you can see why in these photos.
- Posted on December 5, 2013 | No CommentsAntarctica is a remarkable place for many reasons, but the star of the landscape is definitely the ice. Found in almost every size and shape, a week amongst the gigantic icebergs and glacial floes gives the visitor an incredible appreciation for the shocking beautiful of...
- Posted on November 28, 2013 | 8 CommentsToday the #FriFotos theme is THANKS, and I have a lot to be thankful for this year. It’s been a crazy but overall positive year and it’s ending better than it started. I think that’s about the best any of us can hope for. It’s...
- Posted on November 21, 2013 | 7 CommentsThis week the #FriFotos theme is GEOMETRIC, a deceptively simple topic. I decided to look through my photos and found a few that incorporate some fun and unusual geometric lines that I think you’ll enjoy.
- Posted on November 14, 2013 | 2 CommentsIt is said that the eyes are the mirrors into one’s soul, and after taking these photos I tend to agree. These simple expressions speak volumes that would otherwise have gone unsaid.
- Posted on November 7, 2013 | No Comments
- Posted on October 31, 2013 | 2 Comments
- Posted on October 17, 2013 | 3 CommentsI have a love-hate relationship with heights. If I’m in a skyscraper I’m fine, but on a 5-foot ladder I turn into a weepy mess. Regardless, it’s hard to deny the sheer beauty of a landscape from an incredible height, including a few places where...
- Posted on October 10, 2013 | 4 CommentsI love dogs, I have three of them at home and whenever I travel I feel myself drawn to them. Long ago I decided to start taking pictures of man’s best friend to show a different side of every place I visit. These are just...
- Posted on October 4, 2013 | 1 Comment
- Posted on September 26, 2013 | No CommentsThis week the #FriFotos theme is Silver, so of course I thought of my favorite photos with silver linings – clouds! Some people may be upset with cloudy days, but I love them. They can add drama to a photo and when the light is...
- Posted on September 19, 2013 | 1 CommentThis week the #FriFotos theme is WINGS. Since I have an aversion to birds, except blue-footed boobies, love them, I decided to take a different angle with the theme. Today I’m featuring places where you too can float on the wings of angels, religious institutions...
- Posted on September 12, 2013 | 5 Comments
- Posted on September 5, 2013 | 3 CommentsThis Week the FriFotos theme is KIDS, so I thought I’d share some of my favorite destinations where I feel like a kid, be it for a sense of wonder, awe or something else entirely.
- Posted on August 29, 2013 | 1 CommentThis week the #FriFotos theme is WET, so without any ado whatsoever here are some of my favorite watery photos.
- Posted on August 22, 2013 | 7 CommentsThis week the #FriFotos theme is ELECTRIC, and I have to admit that I was at a loss when I first heard the news. I don’t have any photos that match the theme, at least none that I could think of until I decided to...
- Posted on August 15, 2013 | 6 Comments
- Posted on August 9, 2013 | 5 CommentsToday the #FriFotos theme is ORANGE, an oddly hard theme to find photos for. After much scouring of my photo collections though I think I’ve found quite a few that live up to today’s colorful theme. Enjoy!
- Posted on August 1, 2013 | 2 CommentsToday the #FriFotos theme is Road Trips, one of my favorite ways to explore a new destination. I’ve been on quite a few road trips and one thing that always strikes me is that the drive is almost always worth the beauty waiting for me...
- Posted on July 25, 2013 | 2 CommentsIn a nod to the newest member of the British Royal Family, the theme of #FriFotos this week is BABIES. Since I have ZERO pictures of human babies, I decided instead to share my favorite photos of young and baby animals I’ve met around the...
- Posted on July 18, 2013 | 1 Comment
- Posted on July 11, 2013 | No Comments
- Posted on July 4, 2013 | No CommentsThis week the #FriFotos topic is PICNIC, so I thought I’d lend my thoughts about what the key components to the perfect picnic are. What does the perfect picnic mean to you? 1. Location 2. Weather 3. Food 4. Drink...
- Posted on June 27, 2013 | 11 CommentsThis week the #FriFotos theme is HIKES. I’m not what you would normally call an outdoorsy person, but in spite of that I find myself hiking a lot of the time and all over the world. Even though I may complain about them during the...
- Posted on June 20, 2013 | No Comments
- Posted on June 13, 2013 | No Comments
- Posted on June 6, 2013 | 1 CommentThis week the #FriFotos theme is GLASS, so I decided to share some photos that feature glass-like lakes, rivers and ocean views from around the world.
- Posted on May 30, 2013 | 4 Comments
- Posted on May 23, 2013 | 2 Comments
- Posted on May 16, 2013 | 2 CommentsThis week the #FriFotos theme is STEPS, which had me stumped for a while. I wanted to do something more than just show pictures of staircases around the world, but I wasn’t sure what to do. Then finally I had an idea based around the...
- Posted on May 10, 2013 | 5 Comments
- Posted on May 2, 2013 | 2 CommentsThis week the #FriFotos theme is JEWELS. Instead of sharing some pictures of jewelry (which I don’t have) I decided to take a look at some jewel tone colored photos. Enjoy!
- Posted on April 25, 2013 | 3 Comments
- Posted on April 18, 2013 | 7 CommentsThis week the #FriFotos theme is WEST, a topic that had me stumped for a while. But I finally came up with something I think works well, a look at Western Europe through a few favorite travel moments. Europe is one of my favorite places...
- Posted on April 11, 2013 | 2 CommentsThis week the theme of #FriFotos is PURPLE, not my favorite color but I did manage to find a few from my travels.
- Posted on April 4, 2013 | No CommentsEven though winter isn’t quite done with us yet, it is technically spring which is why the #FriFotos theme this week is BLOOMS. So I went through and picked a few of my favorite blooming flower photos from around the world. Where have you found...
- Posted on March 28, 2013 | 8 CommentsThe #FriFotos topic this week was at first a bit of a challenge for me: DISHES. But then in a sudden epiphany I realized that this afforded me the perfect opportunity to highlight some of my favorite meals from around the world. What follows are...
- Posted on March 21, 2013 | 3 Comments
- Posted on March 14, 2013 | 7 CommentsThis week the theme of #FriFotos is CARS and so I decided to highlight train cars and trains in general. I love train travel, it’s one of my favorite modes of travel not just for the convenience, but for the amazing sights I get to...
- Posted on March 7, 2013 | 3 Comments
- Posted on February 28, 2013 | 1 Comment
- Posted on February 21, 2013 | No CommentsThis week the #FriFotos theme is CELEBRATE. I couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate than through some of my favorite sunsets. I’ve featured sunsets before, so I found some new photos in my albums for this post. Where was your favorite sunset?
- Posted on January 31, 2013 | 4 Comments
- Posted on January 24, 2013 | 4 Comments
- Posted on January 17, 2013 | 2 Comments
- Posted on January 10, 2013 | 2 Comments
- Posted on January 3, 2013 | No Comments
- Posted on December 20, 2012 | 4 CommentsThis week I’ve been exploring parts of Northern and Central Italy, seeing the sights and embracing the Christmas spirit that’s found everywhere here. I love celebrating the holidays in Europe because everything seems so much more festive than at home. FESTIVE is also the theme...
- Posted on December 6, 2012 | No Comments
- Posted on November 29, 2012 | 3 Comments