About Matt LongWho am I? I am a typical Gen-Xer and recovering cubicle-dweller who has a passion for all things travel. My site brings a unique perspective that is hard to find online. I am not a backpacker, nor am I...
GET YOUR LANDLOPERS UPDATES
- Visiting the UNESCO World Heritage Sites
11 April 2013 11:55 PM | 25 Comments
- 20 Things Every Smart Traveler Should Know
11 March 2013 11:55 PM | 41 Comments
- Five Foods You Must Eat in Europe
12 November 2012 8:10 PM | 36 Comments
- Five Reasons to Stop Dreaming and Travel Now
16 April 2012 11:55 PM | 58 Comments
- So What’s Reykjavik Really Like?
28 February 2012 11:55 PM | 40 Comments
As Seen In:
Best of the Rest Archive
- Posted on May 28, 2010 | 6 CommentsWithout question, Wat Arun is one of my favorite sites in Bangkok. Wat Arun, the Temple of the Dawn, is made up of five towers, or prangs, each marvelously decorated with bits of shell and broken porcelain. True to its name, this is one of...
- Posted on May 26, 2010 | 3 CommentsThere are many reasons to travel to the Galapagos, but ultimately it’s all about the wildlife. Here are some of my favorite pictures from our Galapagos expedition.
- Posted on May 20, 2010 | 2 CommentsThe Galapagos
- Posted on May 14, 2010 | 1 CommentPrague River
- Posted on May 11, 2010 | 1 CommentChamp de Mars
- Posted on May 5, 2010 | No CommentsEven though we didn’t have a lot of time in Italy, I knew that we had to see the legendary Amalfi Coast. Once the home of one of the richest cities in the world, today it is still the playground of the rich and famous....
- Posted on May 3, 2010 | 1 CommentDancing House
- Posted on May 3, 2010 | 5 CommentsLast fall we took advantage of a four day weekend and booked a very last minute trip to Dublin. Since we only had a couple of days, we had to be extremely efficient in order to make the most out of this whirlwind trip. Dublin...
- Posted on April 26, 2010 | No CommentsTulum, Mexico
- Posted on April 25, 2010 | No Comments
- Posted on April 21, 2010 | 1 Comment
- Posted on April 21, 2010 | No CommentsI don’t do HoHo buses, but this sign caught my eye. Out of 18 attractions only a few are true attractions. My favorite is the hilarious post office/McDonald’s stop. Now there’s a fun time!
- Posted on April 20, 2010 | 1 CommentWhile in Morocco, we did something slightly off the beaten track. Rather than take one of the common Berber village/camel ride tourist bus day trips we contacted a twitter friend for help. Andy Robertson of the Scotland based Splash Rafting Morocco offers a whole host...
- Posted on April 7, 2010 | 3 CommentsSingapore Zoo The Singapore Zoo is one of the best zoos in the world, using a unique system that allows the animals maximum freedom. Here are some of my favorite photos from this remarkable zoo.
- Posted on April 7, 2010 | 4 CommentsCliffs of Santorini
- Posted on April 6, 2010 | No CommentsBaby Rhino Feeding, Singapore Zoo
- Posted on April 3, 2010 | 1 CommentTopkapi Palace
- Posted on April 2, 2010 | No CommentsWat Po
- Posted on April 1, 2010 | No CommentsGuinness Storehouse
- Posted on March 30, 2010 | 1 CommentGalapagos Photo
- Posted on March 27, 2010 | No CommentsTemple of Artemis
- Posted on March 25, 2010 | 3 CommentsTulum Ruins
- Posted on March 24, 2010 | No CommentsMerlion
- Posted on March 23, 2010 | 2 CommentsLibrary of Celsus Located near the modern cities of Kusadasi and Selçuk, Turkey lies the ancient ruins of the Greek/Roman city of Ephesus. At the height of its power, Ephesus was home to more than 250,000 people and was one of the most important...
- Posted on March 22, 2010 | No CommentsBasilica of Saint Peter
- Posted on March 22, 2010 | No CommentsIsland of Delos A holy sanctuary for millennia, Delos is the mythological birthplace of Apollo and Artemis which made this an important pilgrimage site for ancient Greeks. Not only a sacred religious destination, Delos was also an equally important financial and political center. The Delian...
- Posted on March 19, 2010 | 2 CommentsSea lion photo