About Matt LongWho am I? I am a typical Gen-Xer and recovering cubicle-dweller who has a passion for all things travel. My site brings a unique perspective that is hard to find online. I am not a backpacker, nor am I...
GET YOUR LANDLOPERS UPDATES
- Visiting the UNESCO World Heritage Sites
11 April 2013 11:55 PM | 25 Comments
- 20 Things Every Smart Traveler Should Know
11 March 2013 11:55 PM | 41 Comments
- Five Foods You Must Eat in Europe
12 November 2012 8:10 PM | 34 Comments
- Five Reasons to Stop Dreaming and Travel Now
16 April 2012 11:55 PM | 58 Comments
- So What’s Reykjavik Really Like?
28 February 2012 11:55 PM | 39 Comments
As Seen In:
- Posted on March 17, 2013 | 11 CommentsBefore going to bed, the expedition leader told us to expect rough waters over night as we tried to approach the station. Tried was the key word, they hadn’t been able to visit yet that season due to high winds and an overabundance of ice....
- Posted on March 7, 2013 | 8 CommentsIf you’re doing a fly-cruise to Antarctica (like I did when I partnered with the tour company Adventure Life) or if you’re exploring Patagonia and Torre del Paine National Park, then chances are you will spend at least some time in Punta Arenas, an unlikely...
- Posted on February 26, 2013 | 4 CommentsI can only blame my genetic predisposition to labeling broad swaths of the planet with the same cultural brushstroke for my misconceptions about Chile. As an American, when I think of South America certain images come to mind. Call it a form of cultural racism,...
- Posted on February 21, 2013 | 13 CommentsI had never heard of a fly-cruise before my recent trip to Antarctica but without it I probably would never have visited my seventh continent. I always thought that people visited Antarctica the same way; by taking a ship from Ushuaia, Argentina across the stormy...