About Matt LongWho am I? I am a typical Gen-Xer and recovering cubicle-dweller who has a passion for all things travel. My site brings a unique perspective that is hard to find online. I am not a backpacker, nor am I...
GET YOUR LANDLOPERS UPDATES
- Visiting the UNESCO World Heritage Sites
11 April 2013 11:55 PM | 25 Comments
- 20 Things Every Smart Traveler Should Know
11 March 2013 11:55 PM | 41 Comments
- Five Foods You Must Eat in Europe
12 November 2012 8:10 PM | 36 Comments
- Five Reasons to Stop Dreaming and Travel Now
16 April 2012 11:55 PM | 58 Comments
- So What’s Reykjavik Really Like?
28 February 2012 11:55 PM | 40 Comments
As Seen In:
- Posted on January 14, 2013 | 5 CommentsGas cost $1.15 a gallon and you could buy a loaf of bread for less than two bucks. Peace was reached in Northern Ireland, the US had a budget surplus, Google was founded, Buffy was slaying vampires and Bill Clinton swore he didn’t have sexual...
- Posted on June 9, 2011 | 3 CommentsA regular feature on LandLopers is the Interactive Travel Guide. The idea is to highlight one city or country every week and then get the best recommendations from you all. By the end of the week, we hopefully will have created the best tips not...
- Posted on July 20, 2010 | 7 CommentsOban is not a normal place. The small of town of fewer than 10,000 souls grew around the distillery of the same name. Today, in addition to whiskey, the town is a popular seaside retreat on the west coast of Scotland. I made a point...
- Posted on April 5, 2010 | 3 CommentsThe Scottish Isles The Isle of Iona is an easy day trip from the Scottish coastal town of Oban, and well worth the multiple ferry rides to get there. Iona has long captivated the imaginations of world travelers, be it for its azure waters,...