About Matt LongWho am I? I am a typical Gen-Xer and recovering cubicle-dweller who has a passion for all things travel. My site brings a unique perspective that is hard to find online. I am not a backpacker, nor am I...
GET YOUR LANDLOPERS UPDATES
- Visiting the UNESCO World Heritage Sites
11 April 2013 11:55 PM | 25 Comments
- 20 Things Every Smart Traveler Should Know
11 March 2013 11:55 PM | 41 Comments
- Five Foods You Must Eat in Europe
12 November 2012 8:10 PM | 34 Comments
- Five Reasons to Stop Dreaming and Travel Now
16 April 2012 11:55 PM | 58 Comments
- So What’s Reykjavik Really Like?
28 February 2012 11:55 PM | 39 Comments
As Seen In:
- Posted on November 28, 2012 | 28 Comments1. Be prepared – Going on a safari is not your standard travel experience. First of all, it’s probably the result of a lot of planning and saving on your part and because of that you expect to get a lot out of the experience....
- Posted on November 19, 2012 | 13 CommentsIn 1855 David Livingstone found himself in a canoe traveling down the Zambezi River towards what the locals called ‘smoke that thunders.’ The sound is what he heard first, a tremendous roar heard from miles away. Then as they approached the thick columns of spray,...
- Posted on October 4, 2012 | 2 CommentsImagine sitting down on a sweeping verandah, sipping your morning coffee as unknown and exotic birds twitter in the distance. Just as you set down the steaming mug after your first sip, you see it, in the distance, a solitary elephant approaching the water hole...
- Posted on September 13, 2012 | 27 CommentsWhen I first learned that I would be visiting Zimbabwe, I was excited. Then I began to worry. I didn’t worry just about my physical safety, but for my moral well-being. Not too long ago I chided people who travel to Uganda, propping up a...
- Posted on August 16, 2012 | 20 CommentsThis week the #FriFotos theme is Close Up, a perfect opportunity to highlight some wildlife shots from my trip to Africa. In Namibia I was the guest of the Zambezi Queen, a luxury ship that offers remarkable access to wildlife. From the ship we visited...