42 Things I Love About South Africa

2. A hot air balloon ride over one of the oldest valleys in the world

3. Getting lost in wilds of the Northern Cape

4. Hanging out with any South African – some of the nicest people anywhere

5. Learning that Johannesburg is a great town to explore

6. Sticky koeksisters for dessert

lion kruger

7. The first time you say ‘lekker’

8. Driving the incredibly beautiful Chapman’s Peak Drive

Table Mountain

38. Learning all about style and design in Cape Town

39. Getting lost in the raw beauty of the Wild Coast

40. Its warm, wonderful people

41. Jumping off the highest bungee in the world at Bloukrans Bridge

42. Sundowner in Kruger National Park

This campaign is brought to you by the South African Tourism board and is supported and managed by iambassador. LandLopers.com  maintains full editorial control of the content published on this site.

Tags: , ,

1. Grant Brooks

I’ve always wanted to visit South Africa and one day I will….

Definitely you will! Just set a goal and start planning. It’s the only way to make it happen.

2. Babysgotbackpack

That’s a fantastic list Matt. I wish we had it prior to our own trip to Cape Town! We’ve probably crossed off a good half of your list, but now we have even more of a reason to go back! It’s such a gorgeous country!

The country has so much to see and do it would honestly take many trips, but I’m willing to try :)

3. Gaelyn

Lekker! Love the koeksisters, wildlife, people and place. Can hardly wait to return in November.

4. Edward

After this post I’m hard pressed not to just pack up everything and move there right now. I’ve never been to South Africa, but every single thing on that list sounded incredible.

It’s one of the top places i seriously would consider living. No joke.

5. jennifer

So beautiful! Bookmarking this to my “WANT IT” folder.

Thanks Jennifer and great to hear! It’s an amazing place to visit.

6. Graham Page

Next time have a BRAAI with friends. You will always be welcome along the Orange River. Thanks Matt for a wonderful post.

7. Marti

Stop talking about visiting and get here! I love that I get to live here… My land is beautiful

? I’ve visited a couple of times, which is how I wrote this :)

8. Janelle

Makes me so homesick. Thanks for a great post!

It’s a great country, you’re lucky to be from there

9. Luke Powers

Great post Matt. You are clearly tuning in to the real vibes of SA. Nice work ;-)
    Just one typo that is crucial to amend: our national cultural activity you spelt “braii” should be “braai”.
    Looking forward to welcoming you back here soon.
    All the best from Cape Town.
    cheers. luke

Ah the glories of being a one man shop :) Thanks, consider it corrected!

10. Compass

Superb Post!!! Really it is very amazing places to visit. one day i will also visit South Africa:)

11. African Overland Tours

Working and writing for a safari travel company, I was thrilled to read your post(s). You really have captured the heart of Africa and made it a personal experience and not a ‘touristy’ one. You write as if you do live here :)

12. Karen

Not sure I could limit my list to 42, but several of your more adventurous ones (10, 19, 32, 41) would not be on my list. Instead I’d add: seeing the flowers in the Western Cape, learning to make and then drinking a springbok, visiting the Klipdrift Distillery and sampling the brandies, hiking Table Mountain, visiting the Cradle of Humankind….

So much more to see and experience although I’ve already been there 3 times for a total of 8 weeks…